This mission has three steps:
- Figure out how old your great-grandfather, or other ancestor, would he be if he had lived. Then, divide this number by 4 and round the answer off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."
- Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel. Who is that person?
- Tell three facts about that person with the "roulette number."
My ancestor with ahnentafel number 40 is Robert Crist, who is my paternal 3rd great-grandfather.
Three facts about Robert Crist are:
- He was born in Baltimore, Maryland on 29 Nov 1825, but moved with his family to West Twp,. in Ohio, at the tender age of 2.
- As a youth, he taught in one of the old log schoolhouses in the community, but farmed in his later years.
- He married Mary Ruff on 1 July 1850, and they had 10 children together.